Vritualmin apache nable to use php mod_php parsing as TEXT

Help it’s been a few weeks and multiple reinstallations of webmin and virtualmin along with vps OS reinstalls and the same thing keeps happening.

I’d like to use mod_php as my php execution method. And yes I know the up falls and down falls of not using fccgi etc. If I could get the server running as I want it to, it would be great.

I’d love to paste an error log, but I can’t see anything that’s relevant.

I’ve been on the IRC channel numerous times but no body is available or know how to solve this issue.

I would love to find out where I am going wrong for future ref’s. I run into this fault on multiple servers from different suppliers. Am guessing I am at fault or there is a bug somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Howdy,

What distro/version are you using?

And what is the output of the command “php -v”?

Lastly – do you see any problems/errors when going into System Settings -> Re-Check Config?

-Eric

Centos 6.5 64bit

php -v output is

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so’ - /usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so: undefined symbol: php_checkuid_ex in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Module ‘mcrypt’ already loaded in Unknown on line 0
PHP 5.5.7 (cli) (built: Dec 13 2013 15:59:26)
Copyright © 1997-2013 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.5.0, Copyright © 1998-2013 Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.0.3-dev, Copyright © 1999-2013, by Zend Technologies

virtualmin re-check config passes all fine.

Not sure on what else to check. Im unsure whether httpd.conf or php.conf is correct.

Howdy,

Ah, the issue you are seeing is probably due to having a version of PHP that’s from a third party repository, rather than the standard PHP version that comes with CentOS.

Take a peek at the ideas listed in the following documentation in the section “Why does PHP / ProFTPd no longer work after performing updates? (I’m using CentOS, and enabled third party repositories)”, and see if that helps at all. You seem to be experiencing a slightly different problem than the normal problems we see with third party repositories, but this may still help:

https://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/system/faq

I wish that was the case, but I did the update only to see if it would resolve the issue. Apparently not.

Do you recall what changed just before this problem began occurring?

-Eric

Nothing changed. This has always been a problem for me. I have run out of ideas.

Manage to solve my problem by deleting the apache directives associated with my virtualserver (domain) and rebuilt by removing every single line associated with cgi and php.