Vps upgraded not displayed more information

Operating system CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Webmin version 1.973 Usermin version 1.823
Virtualmin version 6.16 Authentic theme version 19.73
Time on system Tuesday, March 30, 2021 5:21 PM Kernel and CPU Linux 3.10.0-1160.21.1.el7.x86_64 on x86_64
Processor information QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+, 2 cores System uptime 2 days, 18 hours, 37 minutes
Running processes 129 CPU load averages 0.97 (1 min) 0.56 (5 mins) 0.34 (15 mins)
Real memory 582.74 MiB used / 824.86 MiB cached / 1.95 GiB total Virtual memory 667.17 MiB used / 1.99 GiB total
Local disk space

Hello i have problem. I have a vps machine and i have upgraded the cpu, ram and disk but the panel not displayed that information. Ehat i can do? I don’t want to reinstall all machine

Can anyone help me?

For the CPU and RAM change to be picked up, I think a re-check of the configuration should do.
System Settings → Re-check Configuration

For the disk you might need to expand that manually, which has nothing to do with Virtualmin.
Search for ‘expand disk distro + filesystem

Nothing to do with recheck… I have trying this about 3-4 times

When you re-check, how much memory does it say you have?
Compare also with the output of ‘free -h’ from the terminal to be sure that your provider actually updated.

Re-check configuration doesn’t check the system stats, and is not expected to update that information. The system stats are gathered automatically every five minutes, by default. So, unless that scheduled job has been disabled, you don’t need to manually do anything for Virtualmin to reflect the current status of the system.

Are you sure your system actually has more memory/disk/CPU than is being displayed by Virtualmin? top is probably the easiest way to check.

2 Likes

Hello again the top command prompt correct values of that i have upgraded. Virtual min doesn’t prompt the correct values.

I would be interested to know exactly what parts were upgraded and what they were upgraded to.

Mother Boards are limited to what they can use. Many times, upgrading an older mother board to newer hardware can have problems because the old mother board was already equipped with its maximum hardware.

Example: if the mother board had a max supported ram limit of 2GB, and you upgraded it to 4GB, it’s still only going to see 2GB.

Bus speed is the same. If the boards bus speed is 333mhz, and you put a higher speed RAM in it, it’s still only going to operate at 333mhz.

Knowing the model number and maker of the motherboard could answer that question very quickly.

Hey there. I m talking for a Vps machine that a plan A is with 2GB Ram 20GB SSD and 2 vCPU then i have upgraded to plan B with 6GB Ram 80GB SSd and 4 vCPU

That is the problem with virtualmin that doesn’t regognise the system changed status and take an old look of system.

AH. I misunderstood. I thought you had upgraded hardware, not changed settings in software.

No its talking about the vps upgrade!

If you were paying for an online virtual server, and you installed Virtualmin on it to manage it, and then you wanted more power so you went to your host and bought a more powerful package, then Virtualmin has nothing to do with that.

If that is what has happened, chances are that your host has not upgraded your plan yet. It can take some time I think for that to happen depending on who your host is.

Generally it takes about a half hour or so for the upgrade to complete. I’ve heard of some people taking a day or two for the upgrade to take.

No my friend as i say on the above i m used command top that show me its all correct with plan. Virtualmin doesn’t showe the correct resources

Then the job that updates systems stats has been disabled. Look in System Settings->Virtualmin Configuration->Status collection.

Don’t disable that unless you know what you’re doing. And, anything longer than 60 minutes is probably going to cause problems (a lot of stuff happens during those status checks).

1 Like

If you want to force update collected info’s cache (system information you see on the dashboard), you could go to the Dashboard, and then click refresh button at the top right of the table’s header.

By going to Webmin → Webmin Configuration page you can re-enable and/or change time for collected info’s cache.

All parameters is bu default. I didn’t do anything.

Nothing happened

Have you tried rebooting the server? However you’re saying that top command displays correct values … so I’m confused.

I have trying to reboot everything, i have trying to re configure but nothing happened. Its show the old stats

I already said re-check configuration has nothing to do with this.