VM2 Information

Hi,

I’m a happy Virtualmin Pro client and long time Webmin user. I keep seeing references to VM2 (Virtual Machine Manager) in the forums/documentation and am quite interested. The documentation has a section covering installing VM2 but I’ll admit I’m totally baffled on where to get the RPMs referenced in the docs. Step 5 in the docs shows this:

5. Install the RPM packages containing the VM2 module and Virtualmin theme with the command: rpm -U wbm-server-manager-*.rpm wbt-virtual-server-theme-*.rpm

Am I not seeing these via yum because my Virtualmin Pro license is only for a single server (50 domain)?

Can someone clarify this for me :slight_smile:

Thanks

Evan Waite

Howdy Evan,

VM2 is a wholly new and separate product. It is in private beta right now, and should be available for public consumption in a few more days (we hope).

Excellent! Does that mean we could have an easy to configure, hot standby server in our future? :slight_smile:

Excellent! Does that mean we could have an easy to configure, hot standby server in our future? :-)

Yes, but VM2 isn’t how you’ll do it. VM2 is a centralized management tool for many servers of various types, such as Xen, vserver, Zones, EC2, and physical servers. It won’t address hot spare Virtualmin servers (but Virtualmin will in the not too distant future).