VM upgrade broken on box

the uodater doesn’t seem to be working since the clamav upgrade broke. It’s still at VMPro 3.51 and wouldn’t go up to 3.52 and now 3.53. Even from the command line I get:

> yum -y update wbm-virtual-server
Could not find update match for wbm-virtual-server
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Reading repository metadata in from local files
No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion

What do I need to remove to open this back up again.

thanks

Hi Again,

This seemed to have occured during the wierded CentOS4.6 upgrade and ClamAV upgrade. I did the VMPro ClamAV upgrade that broke before I did the 4.6 upgrade. At this point the ClamAV appears to be working but the VMPro update doesn’t work for the wbn-virtual-server. It doesn’t appear to be seeing any updates for anything at all. Thought maybe it was because I’d been slow to fix grub to load the latest kernel, but even after revising the boot it still doesn’t see updates.

As with other things, I’ve blindly trusted update as one less thing to monitor.

Any ideas?<br><br>Post edited by: DanLong, at: 2008/03/03 03:54

It doesn't appear to be seeing any updates for anything at all. Thought maybe it was because I'd been slow to fix grub to load the latest kernel, but even after revising the boot it still doesn't see updates.

Definitely not kernel related, I assure you. :wink:

Otherwise…what does a "yum list wbm*" show in the Available Packages list?

In the packages list it calls it the latest version.

> yum list wbm*
Setting up repositories
Reading repository metadata in from local files
Installed Packages
wbm-php-pear.noarch 2:1.2-1 installed
wbm-ruby-gems.noarch 2:1.0-1 installed
wbm-security-updates.noarch 2:2.6-1 installed
wbm-virtual-server.noarch 2:3.51-1 installed
wbm-virtualmin-awstats.noarch 2:3.4-1 installed
wbm-virtualmin-dav.noarch 2:2.7-1 installed
wbm-virtualmin-htpasswd.noarch 3.08-1 installed
wbm-virtualmin-init.noarch 2:1.9-1 installed
wbm-virtualmin-mailman.noarch 2:4.6-1 installed
wbm-virtualmin-notes.noarch 2:1.0-1 installed
wbm-virtualmin-signup.noarch 2:1.0-1 installed
wbm-virtualmin-svn.noarch 2:3.2-1 installed

Hmmm…I’m thinking the Virtualmin repos aren’t even enabled (existent) on your system.

What’s in /etc/yum.repos.d? A virtualmin.repo file ought to contain the repo definition for our packages…but it sounds like it doesn’t exist or is disabled.

That repo gets generated by the virtualmin-release package. You may need to re-install it, if it’s missing, though I’d be curious to know how it disappeared.

Yup,

there was a /etc/yum.repos.d/virtualmin.repo.rpmsave (possibly from when I uninstalled ClamAV sans the dependancies check ). I renamed it without the rpmsave and whaaala the update worked.

Thanks guys,

Dan

Cool. Thanks for the update. Yep, that means virtualmin-release was uninstalled and made a backup of the repo file (since it’s a %config file in the RPM spec file).