Virtualmin webprefix issue

I have recently decided to stop using Webmin via a Apache proxy for security reasons (as its treated as localhost). Now I have reverted the changes in “/etc/webmin/config” by removing them from the file.

Today i noticed that some of the links on webmin where still being prefixed with the /webmin/, if you look at the screenshot you will see that the stuff i have circled are all prefixed with /webmin/. It is only those URL’s which have this issue every other URL in webmin works fine.

For example.

/webmin/virtual-server/edit_newquotacheck.cgi

should be

/virtual-server/edit_newquotacheck.cgi

How do i fix this?

Because of this prefixing which shouldn’t be happening anymore those links are inaccessible with a “Error - File not found” unless i manually remove the prefix.

Thanks,
Shane

Just like to state I have tripple checked and the prefix thing is remove and redirect thing is gone. I have tried restarting the server twice and webmin process hundreds of times.

Have you done a forced reload (ie. shift-reload or ctrl-reload) in your browser? That may be needed to clear client-side caches of the old HTML.

I managed to fix this by going to

System Settings -> Re-Check Configuration

and it reset the links for me. If you are unable to get to the page like me this is the URL.

domain.com:10000/virtual-server/check.cgi

Not to sure exactly what it did but it fixed the issue. I tried on a range of PC’s and all is working now :).