Virtualmin Update not working: I have a recurring issue and need serious help please

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version AlmaLinux Linux 8.6
Webmin version 1.991
Virtualmin version 6.17
Related packages SUGGESTED

So I am having a recurring issue whenever there is new update for virtualmin and I try to update.
Last time I was told I installed wrongly but as a new person here its really difficult for me to determin and fix the issue.

It could have been easy for me to do this if its not on production but all my webs are live and I am really careful not to spoil things.

Please is there anyway to reinstall the right way without loosing files on my production sites?

Can anyone of the expert please guide me on how to upgrade my virtualmin? I succeeded in upgrading webmin by typing “Upgrade Webmin” in search box and followed the available update but when I do that for virtualmin it doesnt work.

I run this command successfully
wget https://download.webmin.com/download/virtualmin/webmin-virtual-server_6.14.gpl_all.deb
But the second command below doesnt work
apt-get install ./webmin-virtual-server_6.14.gpl_all.deb

Please someone guide me.

If you installed any way other than the install script, you don’t have a complete Virtualmin system.

If you installed using the Virtualmin install script, our software repositories will be added to your system, so you’ll be able to update using the standard package manager for your distribution (that is dnf on AlmaLinux).

Why are you trying to install a Debian package on AlmaLinux (an RPM-based distribution)?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.