Virtualmin Pro Order

//DeepL JP to En

I am considering Virtualmin Pro.
After 2-3 months of testing with Pro, we will decide whether to continue or stop. After 2-3 months of testing with Pro, we will decide whether to continue or stop.

I already have Webmin/virtualmin GPL on my VPS.

I have a question.

What are the steps?

When you say account, do you mean this web site account?
How do I reflect the license in my virtualmin after the monthly subsc?
Is there a place to enter the license in virtualmin?

Or do I need to do something before purchasing?

After becoming Pro, I would like to put in a script (e.g. typo3) that will allow me to install under Pro, and then when I go back to GPL, I would like to install it under GPL.
When I go back to GPL (Downgrade), will I keep the scripts I installed?
Will the installed scripts be retained? (No updates, etc. are needed).

@Jun_Moriya,

Are you admitting that you want to upgrade to Pro simply to install a script then revert back? That’s not exactly the point of upgrading. Most if not all the scripts that available via the Script Installer could be acquired directly from the vendor and installed manually.

Make the choice to upgrade because you WANT to take advantage of all the cool extras that Pro has to offer.

3 Likes

//DeepL JP to EN
Nah, I guess I’m not translating it right…
It’s pretty simple.

Where is the virtualmin Pro doc?

I just want to know the following

1. Is the Step account in the Order the account on this site?
  2. subsc conditions
  3. Cancellation conditions
  4. Will I keep my installed Pro scripts if I stop using Pro?
  5. Do I receive a license key and enter it somewhere in Virtaulmin?
  6. Searching on the forum, I see many exchanges of cancellations.

Without documentation in this area, I can’t very well place an order.

https://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/
I can’t find it here.
If you have it, please let me know by URL.

I see an advertisement for Pro on Virtualmin that is working, and when I run the link, it just jumps to the Order Page.

@tpnsolutions
Thanks for replay…

//DeepL JP to EN

Are you admitting that you want to upgrade to Pro simply to install a script then revert back?

No. I was a CMS devlopper. main dev in XOOP. in other CMS, Japanese part and security.
So you can install any of them by yourself. You can also create an installer for your environment.

That’s not exactly the point of upgrading.
Most if not all the scripts that available via the Script Installer could be acquired directly from the vendor and installed manually.

Interest in this part is one of interest. (Not the main interest, though.)
CPANEL is rewriting the installer part.
The basic OSS project does not create an installer for web panels (virtualmin, cpanel, pesk etc).
I would be interested to know how this is done for virtualmin.

Make the choice to upgrade because you WANT to take advantage of all the cool extras that Pro has to offer.

This is;) In Japan, it’s chicken and egg, so you have to touch it to see which one comes first.
So I am going to touch it.

I don’t do web host support right now, so I hardly use any of the features, especially those related to resale and managed hosting.

I installed WP, which is possible with the GPL version.

Well, it is splendidly the old Nuke system. (Long time ago, it was Cafe log, and this is Phpnuke Postnuke XOOPS, etc.
I was doing a dev of the same thing.)
Is the WP installer just running the original WP installer?
I have not compared it to the bare-bones WP.

WP is simple and basic relative Path.
Unfortunately, there are two absolute Paths. Site URL and login URL.
This has been around for a long time, and the design is wrong. When I use it myself, I immediately EDIT it.
If you eidt and make it relative
If you rename /folder1 to /folder2, it works as it is.
DB settings are the same.

DB can be known by “domain owner” in virtualmin, so you only need to set parameters.
I wonder if virtualmin is doing this?

This is my interest.

Tikiwiki uses sh installer and filer permi. This is Linux-specific.
Also, URL Rewrite-related stuff should be rewritten after installation, such as .httaccess when Rewrite is turned on.
Typo3 is complicated, but it’s not that hard since front and back are clearly separated, right?

Kon’nichiwa,

You purchase a license and use System Settings ⇾ Upgrade to Virtualmin Pro page to upgrade to Pro. Under the hood you will just have Virtualmin GPL package replaced with Pro.

Note that Virtualmin Pro licenses (purchase) can be fully refunded within the first month.

No conditions, you just cancel the license in your Virtualmin.com ⇾ My Account page, and use virtualmin downgrade CLI command on your server to downgrade to GPL. After the downgrade any active reseller accounts will be disabled, and any Pro feature will be lost.

Yes, downgrading to GPL will not remove installed scripts, although you may no longer receive upgrades for those installed scripts using Virtualmin.

Yes, after the purchase you will receive a license information which you will be able to use to upgrade to Pro.

More info about Virtualmin Pro is available on this page:

https://www.virtualmin.com/professional/

We use wp-cli tool to install it and/or always run any other script’s original installer. We do not alter script’s original code. The only files we modify is script’s config files to set database name and a password, for example.

This is what makes Virtualmin different from other control panels, as we just configure Linux system in a straight forward and less invasive way possible, in a way that almost always can co-exists with any other administrative changes that are done outside of Virtualmin.

“Chicken-and-egg” puzzle bothers me too, even I’m outside of Japan. But unlike a chicken, Virtualmin Pro can easily be transformed back to an egg (GPL version). :wink:

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you. I go to pro.;

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.