Virtualmin+postfix+ldap - bounced unknown user

I have configured Virtualmin step-by-step with this manual.

After that Virtualmin creates users good, creates records in ldap ‘Virtual’ database, but postfix can’t see the user. In /var/log/mail I see:

[code:1]Jul 11 16:02:56 sea postfix/local[11634]: 94B1CBF6E7: to=<user-domain.com@myhost.com>, orig_to=<user@domain.com>, relay=local, delay=5, delays=4.9/0.01/0/0.02, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (unknown user: "user-domain.com")[/code:1]

But this user is exists in system and I can see it with perl and with postfix webmin module.

My main.cf file is:

[code:1]myhostname = myhost.com
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases,ldap:/etc/postfix/alias_maps.1.ldap.conf
myorigin = /etc/mailname
mydestination = srv.myhost.com, myhost.com, localhost.myhost.com, localhost
relayhost =
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail-wrapper -o -a $DOMAIN -d $LOGNAME
mailbox_size_limit = 0
recipient_delimiter = +
inet_interfaces = all
virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual,ldap:/etc/postfix/virtual_alias_maps.1.ldap.conf
sender_bcc_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/bcc
home_mailbox = Maildir/
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks permit_sasl_authenticated reject_unauth_destination
[/code:1]

Maybe Virtualmin must add additional parameter ‘virtual_mailbox_maps’ with path to Mailbox folder?

Can anybody post working config with virtualmin & postfix & ldap?

Post edited by: Murz, at: 2008/07/11 05:10<br><br>Post edited by: Murz, at: 2008/07/13 19:55

ehlo Murz,

did you try to interrogate your ldap maps with "postmap -q " ? Please read manpage for further details.

kind regards,

Jan

Postmap see the alias for mail like in log file:

[code:1]postmap -q user@domain.com ldap:/etc/postfix/virtual_alias_maps.1.ldap.conf
user-domain.com
[/code:1]
And alias_maps DB is empty:

[code:1]postmap -q test2-clean-world.ru ldap:/etc/postfix/alias_maps.1.ldap.conf
<empty output>[/code:1]
Maybe postfix needs additional database with usernames and maildir folders like ‘mailbox’ table in mysql variant from this manual?

last code must be:

[code:1]postmap -q user-domain.com ldap:/etc/postfix/alias_maps.1.ldap.conf
<empty output>[/code:1]
P.S. I can’t edit my last forum message, the forum engine reports the error:
http://www.virtualmin.com/forums/post/edit/virtualmin/re%3Avirtualminpostfixldap--bounced-unknown-user.html
Oops! You’ve hit a bug in the forum software. It’ll be fixed soon.
I think this is a bug with Joomla SEF urls and com_fireboard, maybe something of this need updating or bugfixing :slight_smile:

I solve this issue. The ldap user on Debian systems have no access to /etc/libnss-ldap.conf by default: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=216244
I have change permissions for file /etc/libnss-ldap.conf to 644

[code:1]sudo chmod 644 /etc/libnss-ldap.conf[/code:1]
and restart nscd, after that mail accepts successfully.