Virtualmin not ready for use (Spamassassin I think is the culprit.)?

I just noticed that I have this issue when running a check. I set up SA with the following tutorial and everything seems to be working? Add SpamAssassin at Postfix email server

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version: Ubuntu 20.04LTS
Webmin version: 1.984
Virtualmin version: 6.17
Related products version: RECOMMENDED
![Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 9.07.06 AM 408x500](upload://uzMdoB3qsBldJVBoJH8weN9nFhM.jpeg)

|||

You should not do that. Virtualmin manages SpamAssassin configuration.

Also, you have mod_php installed. You should not have done that, either.

Thanks for the reply Joe. So do I just stop the SA server in the Webmin settings? Will I still be able to /dev/null in Procmail to kill spam email that I get constantly with the same subject? Last question, if I uninstall mod_php what is that going to effect? My Related Products screen shot didn’t post so here is that info as well. Thanks! (I have questions about OpenVPN too but I’ll start a new thread.)

I do have SA turned off in each of the Virtualmin domains. I don’t know if that makes a difference. I thought it may be easier to run globally.

In that case, you just need to turn off the feature in Features and Plugins, and the config check will stop complaining.

1 Like

Thanks Joe I appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.