Virtualmin not installing

I’ve been trying to install Virtualmin on Ubuntu 18.04 but kept hitting the error below.

[ERROR] Something went wrong. Exiting.
[ERROR] The last few log entries were:
Unpacking libmilter1.0.1:amd64 (8.15.2-10) …
Selecting previously unselected package libopendkim11.
Preparing to unpack …/204-libopendkim11_2.11.0~alpha-11build1_amd64.deb …
Unpacking libopendkim11 (2.11.0~alpha-11build1) …
Selecting previously unselected package milter-greylist.
Preparing to unpack …/205-milter-greylist_4.5.11-1.1build2_amd64.deb …
Adding group greylist…done
Adding system user greylist…done
Unpacking milter-greylist (4.5.11-1.1build2) …
Errors were encountered while processing:
/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-D8d7BE/018-webmin-virtualmin-nginx-ssl_1.11_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Installing virtualmin-lemp-stack: [2020-07-17 21:15:38 CEST] [ERROR] Failed with error: 100
[2020-07-17 21:15:38 CEST] [ERROR] Something went wrong. Exiting.
[2020-07-17 21:15:38 CEST] [ERROR] The last few log entries were:

I would appreciate any help solving this.

I just deployed 18.04 and tried a install and got warnings. screen shot below, did you get these warnings?

The warning in your screenshot is just a normal notice, type y & press enter to proceed.

all went good then, screenshot below of finish, language file needs to be fixed )

Which part of this screenshot looks like a warning to you? I’d like to make it more clear, but I don’t see how this can be interpreted as a warning?

What kind of terminal or ssh client are you using? It looks like it doesn’t support unicode, but we detected that it supports it (which is not unheard of, terminals behave wildly differently across operating systems).

Edit: Actually, that maybe looks like it not only doesn’t support Unicode, but it also doesn’t support the full set of ANSI control sequences so it’s not resetting properly on each “tick” of the progress bar.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.