Virtualmin not installing as it should ?? HELP !

Hi,

I’m quite new to Virtualmin and my university wishes to test it and possibly use it for future web degrees.

I’ve installed Debian 4 on my PC as standard with no extras just the GUI and so on… I’ve ran the Install.sh as stated in the Installation guide but it stops at “Running newaliases”. I’ve attached the record of install, can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong or missed ?? As stated…it’s a fresh install with no extras and updates ?

"Running newaliases |Stopping Postfix Mail Transport Agent: postfix. Starting Postfix Mail Transport Agent: postfi-. INFO - ...in progress, please wait... Succeeded. INFO - Succeeded. INFO - Installing Virtualmin and all related packages now using the command: INFO - /usr/bin/apt-get --config-file apt.conf.noninteractive -y --force-yes install virtualmin-base INFO - ...in progress, please wait... /"

it seems to just sit and do nothing at this point ???

Post edited by: edgehill, at: 2008/02/19 01:14<br><br>Post edited by: edgehill, at: 2008/02/19 01:15

It takes a while for the install to complete from the install script.

The part where it seems to not be doing anything it actually is.

Just let it go through on its own.

If you have enabled CD-based repositories on your system, it may be hung waiting for you to insert a CD. Disable that kind of repo, and all will be well. We try to disable them…but something broke a couple of revisions back, and I haven’t fixed it yet.

Hi

Thanks for the replies guys.

I’ll try your advice Joe, but one question about that -“How to do I disable to CD repo ?”

Remove cdrom from repositories by typing this in the terminal:

vim /etc/apt/sources.list

Go to the place you want to begin editing. (You need to comment out any lines that refer to ‘CDROM’).

Press ‘i’ when your cursor is in the correct place, type ‘#’ <space>, to comment the line out.
Hit escape, then <shift>+ZZ to save the file.