Virtualmin licence failure

We are getting this error by one off our servers (the licence is being used just in one server):

"… A problem was detected with your Virtualmin licence :
Your serial number is licenced for only 1 servers, but is being used on 3 …"

We did make a few installations (we are testing your software) but this licence was never used in 2 servers at the same time.

I keep getting the same… It will go away for a few days and back… I had it on a test server before I started using it for real… I have email them about it, and never got a reply. It is only on one server. I have hundreds of site on the server, and if they cut off their control panel, it would be very bad. I am/was thinking about getting another server, but this license issue needs to be cleared up first. But it good to see other are having the same problems, so maybe they will fix it. Along with some of the other problems I am having.

Don<br><br>Post edited by: admin@coastlandtech.com, at: 2008/02/02 20:30

It is only on one server. I have hundreds of site on the server, and if they cut off their control panel, it would be very bad.

We agree, which is why we would never do that. We would never disable services on a Virtualmin system over an automatic license check error. You’d hear from us via email, before even updates would be turned off for you. We have no desire to interrupt service on your systems. And we have no desire to cause your clients any concerns–the warning only appears to you, the master admin, and not your customers.

I’ll try to dig up the email you mentioned and reply personally.

I have the same problem.

However I did nothing but change dedicated server.

I have of course to erase the server and stop before the displacement of VIRTALMIN.

To entirely reinstall VIRTUALMIN on my server which doesn’t have any recorded domain yet ?

Same thing here says i have 3 servers running but i only have one Virt Pro running ?

Licence number:5557955

Howdy,

Did you perhaps recently migrate servers?

If the license manager saw your Virtualmin license on multiple IP addresses recently, it would give you the message you’re seeing. That will also clear up in a few days as it clears out of the license manager.

-Eric