Virtualmin is not working properly when I invoke it from the whmcs platform

OS type and version: Debian 10
Webmin version: 1.984
Virtualmin version: 6.17
Related products version: WHMCS 8.4.0

I have virtualmin configured correctly, the templates and plans are fine, when I create a new provisioning it always says that the domain already exists…


When I try to unsubscribe a service, the same thing happens sometimes and other times it generates the following error:

I have realized that if I generate quick queries to virtualmin then it does not fail, for example if I change the password by command then it does not fail, if I try to delete a domain that does not exist immediately it responds that it does not exist, the problem is when the queries take too long .

There is very little information about this, the server is running perfectly, I have knowledge in the area, but I don’t understand what is happening here!

I’m using mod_fcgid and have the following features to make sure the server doesn’t time out

FcgidIdleScanInterval 1
FcgidErrorScanInterval 3
FcgidBusyScanInterval 120
FcgidBusyTimeout 2400
FcgidProcessLifeTime 3600
FcgidMaxRequestsPerProcess 500
FcgidMaxProcesses 45
FcgidConnectTimeout 2400
FcgidIOTimeout 2400
FcgidIdleTimeout 3600

When the provisioning is generated, virtualmin is restarted after creating a virtual server, when restarting that could not make whmcs lose the information variables that will emit the result and then when reestablishing the connection it generates another order which is duplicated because it already generated provisioning and then returns the error that the domain already exists?

Another thing I think is regarding the SSL certificates but virtualmin doesn’t automatically request the Let’s Encrypt certificate, so that couldn’t be it either!

I hope the help of the community as soon as possible. From already thank you very much!

Have you tried increasing the script run time in php options in Virtualmin?

The last time…years ago… When I tried when I tried to use WHMCS with virtualmin The problem was WHMCS was stomping all over virtualmin execution space. The only way I could get the two to work correctly was to not have them on the same server and that brought up a whole host of other issues. The issue isn’t virtualmin the issue is WHMCS and they weren’t interested in fixing it three four years ago when I tried it. They’re probably not interested in fixing it now that they are owned by a large virtual capital fund and only interested in money.

1 Like

I have max_execution_time set to 600 which is equivalent to 10 minutes!

Interesting what you say! I have seen very little information about it, but I have seen a publication in the forum regarding this problem and the debate was great but a conclusion was never reached

after my own research and dealing with whmcs it’s most assuredly on their end. whmcs simply tries to stomp on other accounts in violation of basic security rules…they did it then…and apparently still do it now…:slight_smile: This isn’t virt’s fault here…it’s whmcs.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.