Virtualmin Installation issue

Just purchase a copy of Virtualmin for Fedora Core 7 from virtualmin site. I used the wget link that was sent to me with the license infor and installed virtualmin.

1. I logged in to Webadmin and I don’t see a virtualmin panel
  2. I went to Virtualmin Virtual Servers section and ran the re-check and refresh config and received the following error

BIND DNS server is installed, and the system is configured to use it.

A problem was found with your Postfix virtual maps : No map sources were found in the Postfix configuration

… your system is not ready for use by Virtualmin.

1. I went to my Postfix settings and added the following base from what what i read from a few thread with people having the same issue

virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/mailboxes
virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases

I am still getting the same error message

1. I ran yum install virtualmin-base and got the following message

yum install virtualmin-base
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Package virtualmin-base - 1.0-45.rh.noarch is already installed.
Nothing to do

I’m not sure why I need Postfix and Bind when I only want to use Virtualmin to manage ftp,virtual domains, mysql

I’m a little upset I’m not able to get this to work and the fact that I pay for it and it’s not working. I’ve been trying for 2hrs now and I have to create 15 virtual sites by tonight.

If someone can, please help. Otherwise back to creating virtual sites manually

Apologies for the inconvenience. There’s no need to bang your head on things when they aren’t working–we offer free installation service if anything goes wrong on a supported platform.

This particular problem in virtualmin-base is a known issue which didn’t get fixed for Fedora 7. I’ve just rolled out a new version of the package.

I think the following will correct these issues:

rpm -e virtualmin-base

Let me know if you get any errors. Or just send me the details for the server at joe@virtualmin.com, and I’ll drop in today and straighten things out for you personally.

Thanks for the quick response. I have already tried

rpm -e virtualmin-base

and here’s the result:

Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Package virtualmin-base - 1.0-45.rh.noarch is already installed.
Nothing to do

Do I need to remove virtualmin-base - 1.0-45.rh.noarch package and re-install it?