Virtualmin can't receive email but can send

I sent myself an email from my Yahoo account and I received it. Now I’m having some issue with Outlook sending. But at least I know the email works. I used Roundcube to send.

I just sent you one via telnet and it was accepted.

Richard

Thank you for all your time again and again!!! Will there be a danger leaving this port open? I don’t want to become a relay

One more question

I’ve used Roundcube to send the mail… I tried to use Outlook and here is what I got

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: RE: mail server test

Sent: 7/16/2020 11:11 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

‘Richard M’ on 7/16/2020 11:11 PM

Server error: ‘554 5.7.1 <geekonthehill@fastmail.com>: Relay access denied’

Do you have any idea why Roundcube would work and Outlook wouldn’t?

Better you ask someone who knows something about Debian / Ubuntu how to secure your mail. I believe they use their own firewall, and what I don’t know about Postfix could fill volumes. I just use the defaults for the most part unless it starts throwing warnings.

Outlook seems to receive just fine. But when I send it doesn’t seem to go through

The defaults on Virtualmin seem to work fine. I’ll keep working on the Outlook issue… but at least I know it works! Thank you soooo much!

Have a good evening Richard!

I know even less about Outlook than I do about Postfix. But a wild stab would be that Roundcube is on the same server, so it knows where the mail server is. You still need to make the changes @calport advised earlier for the rest of the Interwebs to know. (I missed the CNAME earlier. Long day…)

Richard

Thank you! I’ll work on it again tomorrow. All of you have a great evening. Your help is invaluable!!!

Dan

Good night. You’re welcome.

Richard

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.