Virtualmin and ssl

Howdy

I’ve got Those question:

I’ve got a server in Gandi.net and i’ve got one interface with a public IP.
The question is: How can i get virtual ip for each virtual host with only one interface?
A technician support tell me about IP Tables but a see that i need two interfaces but i’m not sure about these.
In another post Eric say me :

“There needs to be a unique external IP address associated with your eth0:1 interface, which tends to be trickier when behind a router.”

What’s about tends to be trickier when behind a router?

I’ve got ip public 95.142.173.244 and when i tried to put an virtual interface like 192.168.1.1 it doesn’t work.

Thanks
Daniel Witoszek Arias

What’s about tends to be trickier when behind a router?

Well, being behind a NAT router adds a layer of complexity to the whole setup.

However, regarding your specific question – if you don’t want to use a single shared IP address for all the domains you’re hosting, then you need one public IP and one private IP for each domain you would like to have a unique IP address.

Each of those public IP’s would go on your external router, and you’d set them up to forward internally to the private IP of each domain.

-Eric

Hello

How can i do a Forwarding internally with one interface? Can i do a Forwarding with eth0 to eth0:1?
And How can i do it?

Thanks

Daniel Witoszek Arias

In another post i see these ip tables:

If you want to forward each of those ports to all of the internal servers, then your forwarding rules will be:
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m multiport --dports 21,23,25,53,80,110,443,3389,5561,5562 - j ACCEPT

It¡s that correct?

Howdy,

Well, how to forward ports from your router to the network interface on your server depends on what kind of router you have.

However, most routers generally offer a web GUI that you can use in order to forward all the ports you need. Or, some routers would allow you to forward all incoming connections to a particular IP address.

If your router is just a Linux box, and there isn’t a GUI to use for administering your router – there are several ways you could handle that, including using iptables. I don’t know the specific iptables syntax you would need to use offhand, though from the above it looks like you’re missing a destination address to forward those ports to… I think you could add that with “-d your.servers.ip.address” prior to the “-j”.

Again though, if your router has a web GUI, that’d be the simplest way to handle the port forwarding :slight_smile:

-Eric

Howdy

The problem in Gandi.net is that i can not acces to router and the only way is to modify server to do it.
So How can ia do it? I need to open por 21 25 80n 53 995 3306 etc…

Thanks

DAniel Witoszek Arias

Howdy,

I’m unfortunately not familiar with how gandi.net works.

Do they have a firewall setup on your server? You can determine that by running “iptables -L -n”.

-Eric