OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04.5, Webmin: 1.973, Virtualmin: 6.16
I had a virtual server (example.com) with a sub-server (abc.example.com) for a while and decided to set up
example.com on another separate server but convert the
abc.example.com to a primary server and leave it on the current server.
What I tried:
- Selected abc.example.com in Virtualmin
- Server Configuration > Move Virtual Server
- New Parent Server:
<Convert to parent>
- Added new username and password for the Virtual Server
- Clicked “Move Now” button
- abc.example.com is shown as a primary server now
- Selected example.com in Virtualmin
- Disable and Delete > Delete Virtual Server
- Clicked “Yes, Delete It” button
- Got the following error:
Virtual server example.com cannot be deleted, as it contains DNS records for server abc.example.com
- Checked BindDNS records of both example.com & abc.example.com and both of them do not have any conflicting records (as far as I can tell).
What is causing this error and how can I fix it?