Virtual Host lost data

Operating system: CentOS Linux 7.8.2003
OS version: 7.8
Hi, I have a server to help a friend with school website, I have been using webmin and virtualmin well for a year. I made a big error trying to install de Cpanel (cpanel punto net) trial to change in the future, Cpanel install failed when detected mariadb installed. Result I lost my virtualhost info, now virtualmin is empty and apache is down,
When go to webmin - Servers - Virtualmin Virtual servers I get this error:

Failed to query Postfix config command to get the current value of parameter virtual_alias_maps:

What I did was run this commands:

1. hostnamectl set-hostname cpanel,mydomain,com
  2. curl -o latest -L https://securedownloads cpanel net / latest
  3. sh latest

After error server was down and now I need to restore virtualmin virtual servers I can’t access phpmyadmin, neither file manager.
Please help with virtualmin restore. At least to get database info and files.

Best regards

Hello @alexiscm72 and welcome to the community.

You have messed up your system by installing cPanel over Virtualmin. Do not lose heart, it is possible to salvage websites, databases and email.

This link has a resolution to a similar problem:

You need to create a new Virtualmin system and copy over data from the old, damaged system.

Thanks calport, I will try, my heart is broken. Hope to solve this stupid error

regards

Hi, I have access to webmin → Tools → File Manager, I could get files now I need get database. I can access phpmyadmin too, but user I used before was lost because I try to login and get this error:
“Cannot log in to the MySQL server”
“mysqli::real_connect(): (HY000/2002): No such file or directory”

Is there a way to create an user via SSH or get root password?

best regards

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.