virtual_alias_maps

Dear Forum,

i try to migrate from ISPConfig to virtualmin. For this purpose I’ve setup a test customer called test.yz.
The admin of this (virtual) site is able to add new email users. Unfortunately virtualmin does not create the necessary entry in
/etc/postfix/virtual. I (root) have to do this step by hand which is quite painful if you have hundreds of customers.

/etc/postfix/main.cf:
virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
virtual_alias_domains = test.yz, …

/etc/postfix/virtual:
bert@test.yz bert.test

(while bert.test needs to be a real user on the underlying system)

Why does virtualmin not automatically modify the ‘virtual’ file ? Is that normal ?
The only workaround is to grant postfix admin rights to that site-admin which is not suitable because he can modify everything which concerns postfix.

kind regards,

Jan

used versions :
webmin 1.412
webmin-virtual-server 3.57.gpl-2

OS: Debian etch<br><br>Post edited by: jan, at: 2008/06/04 06:04

Why does virtualmin not automatically modify the 'virtual' file ? Is that normal ?

No, definitely not normal.

How did you install Virtualmin? Our install script should have taken care of proper configuration of Postfix…

You virtual_alias_domains setting is wrong. It should be left at its default (virtual_alias_domains = $virtual_alias_maps).

I don’t know if that would cause the incorrect behavior you’re seeing, but it’s definitely incorrect.

thanks a lot Joe for your answer. I just installed the debian packages. I did not use the install script. But I will try.

These entries don’t fix my problem :frowning:
virtual_alias_domains = $virtual_alias_maps
virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

thanks a lot anyway

oh sorry it was my fault. I clicked the wrong button while adding the new user.
“Add a website FTP access user.” instead of “Add a user to this server.” Now the entry in the ‘virtual’ postfix file is being made correctly.
Dammned. Your software works perfectly. Thank you !