Virtual admin install

hi,

i ahve installed webmin and virtualmin. both of them successful but i was not able to see virtual admin and i found mysql and send mail are not configured. so i uninstalled virtual admin and tried now i am into different problem

webmin is not able to control mysql as i am not able to install dbi and dbo mysql perl modules.

please help.

Regards,
Nagar

It sounds like you didn’t use the install script linked on our download page. If you just install the modules, no configuration is done, no dependencies are installed, and basically you’re on your own for getting things working.

If you’re running a fresh install of one of the systems supported by our automated install script, I’d highly recommend you start with it. If not, there’s a brief bit of documentation about manual installs here: http://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/id,manual_virtualmin_installation/

webmin is not able to control mysql as i am not able to install dbi and dbo mysql perl modules.

Actually, Webmin doesn’t need these modules to manage MySQL…you just get more capabilities and better performance if you have them.

Nonetheless, I’m not sure I understand what you mean when you say, “i am not able to install”. Why not? What error do you get when you try to install those packages? (You’ll also want to mention what OS/version you’re using, so we’ll know how to guide you on installing packages on your OS.)