Validation failed : Could not find mail aliases file

Hi my friends.

I have a problem when I migrate server

validation failed : could not find mail aliases file for tripadvisor24.ir in backup

Do you have a solution?

Hi,

validation failed : could not find mail aliases file for tripadvisor24.ir in backup Do you have a solution?

Try performing restoration without using mail feature (Mail/FTP users and mail aliases) enabled.

How can I do?

Where you’re restoring a backup? If you’re doing it on the UI, just don’t select all options and opt-out Mail/FTP users and mail aliases feature.

it’s back up from Cpanel and I want to migrate from Cpanel to Virtualmin

A little over a year ago I did many of those migrations with no mail issues at all. I didn’t use the routine, scheduled cPanel backups. I made fresh, full backups immediately before each site was migrated, SCP’d them to the new server, and then imported them locally.

Have you tried re-creating full backups on the cPanel server? The problem may be in the archive itself, especially considering that the file wasn’t found.

Another thing I would try would be to create an alias on each domain to be migrated before creating the backup, if none already exists. Maybe there’s no aliases file in the backup archive because there are no aliases on the existing domain.

Obviously, if there already are aliases on the domain, then I’m wrong. It wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened.

Richard

Hi Richard, Unfortunately, I don’t have access to Cpanel. I have only a backup
Do you think there is a solution?

Do you still have SSH access?

Richard

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.