Using the PHP version setting doesn't seem to work

Hey guys,

I have been messing with php4/5 and I have found that even though I switch from php4 to php5 using the PHP Versions setting it doesn’t work.

Maybe I just don’t understand its workings? Does the Website subdirectory need something ?

I am experiencing the same problem. Switching from the Server Configuration: PHP Versions, does not appear to be working. Debian Etch at least…

Ron

You may have a server wide mod_php configuration that is over-riding the per-domain configuration. I didn’t think this was possible, but I’ve recently seen it happening on a customers system.

So, check to be sure mod_php isn’t being configured to run your scripts. Since you can only have one mod_php version it’ll lock you into that one version (under some circumstances…probably just need to kill the:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Line to make it stop. If you never want to use mod_php, you could also kill the “LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so” line, as well. Now that mod_fcgid is known to be quite solid, we’ll probably make this the default during install.

I have that disabled in my conf – I just can’t get out of it no matter what I try. I have 3 domains that are locked into php4.

One thing I have discovered that seems to be consistent is that I cannot change the Default HTML directory to version 5. However, any subdirectory seems to take the change fine.

Ron

My prior issue has been fixed… It seems that VM doesnt like / on the ends of the <Directory /path >

Maybe that is what your having ?