Using 'domains' in an email address

hi

Previously we have been using domains as the email address when registering some of our domains. Makes it easy to identify the email.

Anywhere I can change the virtualmin default behavior to keep this as a reserved address. I suspect we will have to work our way through the registrations, but that is time consuming.

Regards
kevin

I have to admit I do not fully understand what you mean here. :slight_smile:

Specifically, what do you mean with “register” here, and with “reserved addresses”. Can you re-phrase that?

Hi

Sorry for my poor description. (Actually just notices I was using the greaterthan lessthan signs around the domain name so info was stripped out)

When registering a domain we have used the email address domains@oursite.com.au for renews and any other email the registrar sends.

Now if I try and add the address domains (either real or alias) to the domain oursite.com.au in virtualmin I get an error of ‘domains is a reserved address’. So my email address is kevin@oursite.com.au, if kevin is replaced with domains it is not available.

Regards
Kevin

Aah okay, now I see the problem. I just tried it out and can confirm this.

Whether or not this can be changed needs to be answered by Virtualmin staff; I know of no configuration option where you can choose whether the user name “domains” is reserved or not. Actually I never tried to use it myself. :slight_smile: I use the name “domain-admin” for user in this case.