Using 2 email virtualmin server for a single domain (Need Help)

Dear All,

Need you help please !

i have configured 2 email server for a single domain and the users can send and recieve the email to other domain.
But ! when i sending the email to the user that was created on another server
the server says :- Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

is there any way like if a user is not found localy the server send the email to another server.

Thank you in advance for your time and supprt!

But what you describe is not what is actually happening on your server. You say when you send to the user that was created in the other server… that may be your intent but the server is delivering your mail to a user which is local and not to the user which is on the other server. Your server fails to find a local user and you get a bounce.

In your unusual setup, you will have to configure your DNS records so that the server acts as you intend it to and the mail gets delivered to the user on the other server.

1 Like

calport’s right. Sounds like your MX record points to the wrong server.

Hi Sir,

I have using gsuit for some user and virtualmin for others but the virtual min not sending email to the user that are not creared localy (virtualmin) request you to please help

getting the error :- Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.