user mail delivering to system mail not usermin inbox

Hi all.

I’m able to send mail from a user’s account, this delivers fine and as expected. When I reply, I don’t receive the reply in the users usermin inbox.

I thought initially it wasnt delviering to my system, but looking through the logs it gets here fine. Further investigation showed that by going to “users and groups” within webmin, finding the user info.entitytrap and looking in their system mail, everything is actually there!.

What’s even more peculiar is when I go into the virtual server page, go into the users for this particular site/server and select edit for info.entitytrap user, the Inbox mail file is correct and shows e-mail! - /var/mail/info.entitytrap (New mail received 03/May/2013 13:09)

Howdy,

Ah, it’s possible it’s being delivered to /var/mail rather than $HOME/Maildir.

How did you install Virtualmin, did you use the install.sh script? And what distro are you using?

Also, can you paste in the contents of your /etc/procmailrc file?

Thanks,

-Eric

Hi Eric.

I did install using install.sh but I got a little trigger happy many months ago and accidentally deleted postfix via command line, so had to reinstall it. I didnt run install.sh again in case it over wrote my entire virtualmin setup, so this is bound to be the cause of my issue.

I’m running Cent OS 5.9.

Here’s my /etc/procmail:

LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log
TRAP=/etc/webmin/virtual-server/procmail-logger.pl
:0wi
VIRTUALMIN=|/etc/webmin/virtual-server/lookup-domain.pl $LOGNAME
EXITCODE=$?
:0

• ?/usr/bin/test “$EXITCODE” = “73”
    /dev/null
    EXITCODE=0
  • ?/usr/bin/test “$VIRTUALMIN” != “”
    {
    INCLUDERC=/etc/webmin/virtual-server/procmail/$VIRTUALMIN
    }
    DEFAULT=/var/mail/$LOGNAME
    ORGMAIL=/var/mail/$LOGNAME
    DROPPRIVS=yes
    $DEFAULT

Howdy,

Okay, there may be a few things that need tweaked… but let’s start with this one.

In your /etc/procmailrc file, the DEFAULT and ORGMAIL lines should look like this:

ORGMAIL=$HOME/Maildir/ DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/

After doing that, does email get delivered properly?

-Eric

I had just changed those before you responded actually, but mail still isn’t delivering.

When i go into procmail, i have this warning up top:

Warning - any rules defined below will not be used : Procmail is not enabled in your Postfix configuration. The configuration file /etc/postfix/main.cf must have the mailbox_command option set to /usr/bin/procmail.

Woohoo

Set mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail. and it’s working.

Eric, thank you very much for guiding me in the right direction!