Use of uninitialized value in lc at /usr/share/webmin/virtualmin-nginx/virtualmin-nginx-lib.pl line 1305

SYSTEM INFORMATION
**OS type and version: Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS (codename: bionic) Linux 4.15.0 on x86_64
**Webmin version: 1.981
**Virtualmin version: 6.17
**Related products version: perl 5, version 26, subversion 1 (v5.26.1) built for x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi

After installing latest updates, saw this in the black terminal window in the webmin gui interface:

Preparing to unpack …/0-webmin-virtual-server_6.17.gpl_all.deb …
Unpacking webmin-virtual-server (6.17.gpl) over (6.16.gpl) …

Setting up webmin-virtual-server (6.17.gpl) …

Use of uninitialized value in lc at /usr/share/webmin/virtualmin-nginx/virtualmin-nginx-lib.pl line 1305.
Use of uninitialized value in lc at /usr/share/webmin/virtualmin-nginx/virtualmin-nginx-lib.pl line 1305.

(I got exactly 372 lines of that scrolling error before it stopped and continued setting up everything else in the queue)

The only thing I can think triggered it, was I was getting this before:

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
LANGUAGE = “”,
LC_ALL = “”,
LC_COLLATE = “C”,
LANG = “en_US.UTF-8”
are supported and installed on your system.
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale (“C”).
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
LANGUAGE = “”,
LC_ALL = “”,
LC_COLLATE = “C”,
LANG = “en_US.UTF-8”
are supported and installed on your system.
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale (“C”).

Which I have since fixed. I don’t know what lc variable represents I can tell you line 1305 is:
if (lc($c->{'name'}) eq $name) {

…in this subroutine:

# find_recursive(name, [&config|&parent])
# Returns all objects under some parent with the given name
sub find_recursive

** There should be a check for an uninitialized value before assuming a value exists, otherwise gracefully report what hash keypair contains a missing value.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.