URL path in script installers - Resolved

What are the valid values for this field. Each time I enter a value (believing that specifying this field will override where the application will be installed) generates an "Failed to save server template : Missing or invalid URL path in row 1" error message.

I have tried using ‘phpmyadmin’, ‘${DOM}/phpmyadmin’, ‘public_html/phpmyadmin’ and ‘www.${DOM}/phpmyadmin’, all without success.

Questions are:

1. Is this the intended usage of the ‘URL path’ (not really documented anywhere I can find)?
  2. If not, how do I tell the installer to install in ‘public_html/phpmyadmin’ instead of ‘public_html/usr/share/phpMyAdmin’ which is the default for the installer?

thanks,
tony<br><br>Post edited by: tbirnseth, at: 2008/11/20 07:55

Of course, the one thing I didn’t try was an absolute page relative the the public_html directory. That works fine. now have a public_html/phpadmin directory installed.

Sill like to more fully understand how to have a single reference of phpMyAdmin on the system and have it accessible by the created virtual servers.

Is there anything in particular you’d like to know?

However, I’m of the opinion that if you can’t figure out what to do based on the information and help available on that screen, there’s an excellent chance it’s a UI bug :slight_smile:

What I might recommend is opening a bug report using the Bugs and Issues link below, and explain there which fields you find confusing – and Jamie can use that to improve the help documentation.
-Eric

Just saw this request from Ken:

http://www.virtualmin.com/index.php?option=com_flyspray&do=details&task_id=5675

As of 3.67, there is no Help information on the the Default Script Installers page of the Server Template setup, and there are still a lot of ways to go wrong. Can we get some tips on that page, please?

Thanks,
K