Upgrade 2nd PHP on Multiple PHP Versions

Couple months ago I use the easy instructions here to install a 2nd php (5.6.8): https://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/web/multiplephp#toc-installing-php-7-on-centos-6-and-7-ViTJTJ8_

Now I’m trying to install some software that requires at least 7.0.11 and see the page above now includes PHP 7. My question is regarding the best way to upgrade 5.6.8 to 7. Do I need to remove 5.6.8 and install 7 or is there a direct way to upgrade from 5.6.8?

Brian

On my centos 7 system I installed additional Redhat Software Collections PHP 7. That was done a year ago.

Test on an development system to verify current distribution.
An additional version of PHP should be available from web admin panel.

From Authentic/Dashboard/Software versions

Operating system CentOS Linux 7.3.1611 Perl version 5.016003 Path to Perl /usr/bin/perl Postfix version 2.10.1 Mail injection command /usr/lib/sendmail -t Apache version 2.4.6 PHP versions 5.4.16, 5.4.45, 5.5.38, 5.6.25, 7.0.16 Webalizer version 2.23-05 Logrotate version 3.8.6 MySQL version 5.5.52-MariaDB ProFTPD version 1.35 SpamAssassin version 3.4.0 ClamAV version 0.99.2

Thank you for the response ckwsp, although I didn’t really follow what you were saying.

The question still stands, using the Virtualmin recommend way to install a second PHP version, how does one upgrade that 2nd version?

Do not upgrade. Just install additional software collections php 7 package onto a test centos system containing php 5.4 and php 5.6.
PHP versions page should offer php 5.4, php 5.6 and php 7.0

I meant to report back sooner, you were right of course. We’re not limited to just two PHP versions running side by side. It was as easy as you suggested to add another one.