Update not available

The latest version of Virtualmin GPL is 3.77 . Today I have installed virtualmin on my VPS using install.sh script on a clean Ubuntu 8.04 LTS system. But after installation it is showing the Virtualmin version as 3.76. When I am checking for updates using “apt-get upgrade” it is not getting any updates. The virtualmin.com repositeries are there in the sources.list file. Please help !

Hi,

Any prevision on when will virtualmin 3.77, webmin 1.510 and usermin 1.440 will hit the hardy gpl repos?
Or if it will be available this way.

Thank you

daniel

Things should generally hit all the repos at roughly the same period of time (plus or minus a small amount of time :slight_smile:

If you aren’t seeing Virtualmin 3.77 in the GPL repo, and it’s in Pro, that’s probably a bug/oversight :slight_smile:

Looking in the repo, I see you’re right – I’ll get with Joe about making sure that’s put into the GPL repo for Ubuntu.

Thanks for the heads up!

-Eric

Okay, give those a shot now – 3.77 should be available in the GPL repo for Ubuntu.

-Eric

andreychek said, “Things should generally hit all the repos at roughly the same period of time (plus or minus a small amount of time”

In my case, CentOS Linux 5.4 with Virtualmin version 3.77 Pro Webmin version 1.500 Usermin 1.430

However, I do notice from www.webmin.com that Webmin version 1.510 and Usermin 1.440 was released on March 5, 2010

Wondering why my Pro version has not yet received this update?

Well, what I meant to imply was that when a new version hits the software.virtualmin.com repositories, it should be available for all distros at roughly the same time.

Releases do hit webmin.com earlier.

That’s because a lot of testing and QA go on before releasing to the Virtualmin community, as well as all the packaging that takes place for the various distros.

-Eric

Is Virtualmin 3.77 GPL generally available yet?

I’m running CentOS 5.4.

On my old server (also Centos 5.4) I’d been running Virtualmin for ages and it had updated to 3.77.

New server installed via the install.sh file a few days ago and it’s stopped updating at 3.76. I ran yum update prior to installing Virtualmin so Centos was up todate (according to yum: there a few packages not up to date according to RKhunter, so might not be a Virtualmin issue).

I’ve refreshed packages under the Virtualmin update page and tried running yum update with no joy.

Any ideas?

David

Howdy,

Yeah, the 3.77 GPL release should work… try running a “yum clean all” followed by a “yum update”.

Let us know if that doesn’t work, though you can always manually download it here:

http://software.virtualmin.com/gpl/universal/wbm-virtual-server-3.77.gpl-1.noarch.rpm

I’d tried yum clean all etc… several times with no joy.

These showed up today :slight_smile:

wbm-virtual-server 	Webmin module for 'Virtualmin Virtual Servers (GPL)' 	New version 3.77.gpl-1 	Virtualmin
wbm-virtualmin-awstats 	Webmin module for 'AWstats Reporting' 	New version 4.3-1 	Virtualmin
wbm-virtualmin-mailman 	Webmin module for 'Virtualmin Mailman Mailing Lists' 	New version 5.9-1 	Virtualmin
wbt-virtual-server-theme 	Webmin theme 'Virtualmin Framed Theme' 	New version 7.7-1 	Virtualmin

Installed now.

What happened to the Webmin update button under Webmin/Webmin Configuration ?
Running Webmin 1.500 which is not up to date.

Also got to figure out why yum isn’t upgrading everything, got quite a bit of stuff out of date: from rkhunter.log

[13:34:05] Warning: Application ‘httpd’, version ‘2.2.3’, is out of date, and possibly a security risk.
[13:34:05] Warning: Application ‘named’, version ‘9.3.6-P1’, is out of date, and possibly a security risk.
[13:34:05] Warning: Application ‘openssl’, version ‘0.9.8e’, is out of date, and possibly a security risk.
[13:34:05] Warning: Application ‘php’, version ‘5.1.6’, is out of date, and possibly a security risk.
[13:34:05] Warning: Application ‘proftpd’, version ‘1.3.0a’, is out of date, and possibly a security risk.
[13:34:05] Warning: Application ‘sshd’, version ‘4.3p2’, is out of date, and possibly a security risk.

I had something like this on the old server, they eventually showed up, but it’s frustrating waiting for things that should automatically update.

Are my update problems a mirror issue and if so is there a solution?

When I run yum update I get:

Determining fastest mirrors

Running yum clean all followed by yum update lists a different mirror, but still no packages to update.

David

Hi,

I can download the .deb file here,

http://software.virtualmin.com/gpl/ubuntu/dists/virtualmin-hardy/main/binary-amd64/

But after an apt-get update, apt-get upgrade it doesn’t show, I’m not very well versed in debian repos, but should’nt be added to this file?

http://software.virtualmin.com/gpl/ubuntu/dists/virtualmin-hardy/main/binary-amd64/Packages

Thank you

daniel