Unable to set up Virtual Server

Hi there,

I’m running into a recurring issue when setting up a new Virtual Server on our server.

I keep getting the: "Failed to create virtual server : setquota: Not all specified mountpoints are using quota. " error when attempting to create the new virtual server. It gets through the administration group and user setup fine, but then won’t continue.

I’m really not sure what’s happening here, and am still very much a beginner in using Virtualmin, and this is something we want to get sorted out as soon as possible. Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Oliver

Is this a VMWare virtual machine? Or some other kind of virtual machine?

We had a bug report about that error message a little while back, but I don’t know if we were ever able to reproduce it.

You can work around it by turning off quotas in Virtualmin. (Virtualmin Configuration->“Set quotas for domain and mail users?”), but we’d like to know details of your system:

OS and version (previous report was CentOS 7)
Whether it is running on physical hardware or a virtual machine (previous report was VMWare)
What filesystem is in use on the system (the previous report was XFS)

We’ve got several CentOS 7 virtual machines running under KVM and Xen an with XFS file systems that are not showing this error, so we have to suspect VMWare is maybe the problem. But, we’re guessing. Again, haven’t been able to reproduce it.

Hi Joe,

Is this a VMWare virtual machine? Or some other kind of virtual machine?

I’m not sure sorry, our account was setup before I started working here. Where would I go to find out?

You can work around it by turning off quotas in Virtualmin. (Virtualmin Configuration->“Set quotas for domain and mail users?”), but we’d like to know details of your system:

I just tried this, but am still getting the same error message. I deselected the “Set quotas for domain and mail users?”, saved and attempted to set up the server again.

Cheers,
Oliver

logs

2016-02-09 01:06:32,984 ns1.vodeoo.com proftpd[805] ns1.vodeoo.com: ProFTPD 1.3.5 standalone mode SHUTDOWN
2016-02-09 01:06:33,269 ns1.vodeoo.com proftpd[6745] ns1.vodeoo.com: ProFTPD 1.3.5 (stable) (built Tue May 19 2015 11:09:58 UTC) standalone mode STARTUP
2016-02-09 01:08:06,961 ns1.vodeoo.com proftpd[6745] ns1.vodeoo.com: ProFTPD killed (signal 15)
2016-02-09 01:08:06,962 ns1.vodeoo.com proftpd[6745] ns1.vodeoo.com: ProFTPD 1.3.5 standalone mode SHUTDOWN