Unable to send Mail to server.

I am unable to send email to my server, I have port 25 and 110 unblocked… the target user is coreyman@absolutely-free-domain-names.com

I can check mail from outside the server but not send it in. I thought the username I used to log in was weird…
coreyman.absolutely-free-domain-names.com

never had to use . before on any email server.

What error(s) do you get when trying to send mail?

Do you see any errors in the mail log (either /var/log/maillog or /var/log/mail.log)?

Is your server running behind a NAT router? You’ll need to make sure you’ve forwarded port 25.

Also, some ISP’s block port 25 – you’ll want to make sure port 25 is allowed.

-Eric

Yeah, port 25 on that server seems to work… what error do you get when trying to send an email into your server? What does the bounce message say?

-Eric

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

coreyman@absolutely-free-domain-names.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected coreyman@absolutely-free-domain-names.com (state 14).

Ahh, it looks like there are MX records setup for your domain which direct email to an external server… it looks like GoDaddy.

I see these MX records:

absolutely-free-domain-names.com. 3600 IN MX 0 smtp.secureserver.net. absolutely-free-domain-names.com. 3600 IN MX 10 mailstore1.secureserver.net.

If that’s not where you want email going, you’ll need to update those records.

-Eric

yeah ok :slight_smile:

cool its working now :slight_smile:

i’ve forwarded 25 and 110 … my isp doesn’t block any ports on this IP

here is my mail log, nothing looks interesting

http://absolutely-free-domain-names.com/