Unable to install virtualmin installed webmin nicely

Hi all,

I have got webmin working on OpenBSD5.4 its working nicely. but cant get virtualmin working any one installed it on OpenBSD? or any support from virtualmin for OpenBSD platform?

Regards,

Jay.

It is highly recommended to use the automatic installer script to install Virtualmin. Manually configuring all your software is very complex and only recommended for expert users.

OpenBSD is not among the supported operating systems though. It’s recommended to use a Grade A Supported system like Debian, Ubuntu or CentOS. https://www.virtualmin.com/os-support

Can we get paid support from Virtualmin Dev for OpenBSD OS? As webmin is runnning very nicely on OS.

Regards,

Jay.

Howdy,

Well, we would do our best to answer your questions – however, there are some things on unsupported distros that are very likely to not work properly.

We won’t turn you away just because you’re using OpenBSD.

But if something isn’t working due to the OS you’re using, there may not be much we can do to help, as we unfortunately aren’t looking to add formal OpenBSD support at this time.

I would expect to run into some issues though, it’d definitely be our recommendation to use a Grade A Supported distro if at all possible.

-Eric

What if i would like to customization for that particular OS? Does Virtualmin provide that support for hosting provider?

Thanks,
Jay.

Howdy,

Hmm, I’m not sure I follow – what kind of support would you be seeking in that case?

-Eric

Hello,

I mean if i want it working on OpenBSD just as on another platform. what would be the quotation for development or modification of current panel?

Regards,

Jay.

Howdy,

Well, note that we’re not looking to add OpenBSD support at this time.

If you opted to try to use Virtualmin Pro with OpenBSD – we’d attempt to answer any questions you had, but if you reached an area where the issue was an incompatibility with OpenBSD, all we’d be able to say is “sorry, that’s an incompatibility”.

The problem will probably not be corrected, unfortunately, as the demand for OpenBSD support is very low.

I understand that you’d like to use OpenBSD, but there’s likely to be many things that are incompatible, and I’d be very surprised if it worked well for you. There would be little we could do to assist, in most of those areas.

There’s also the issue that none of the support team here are familiar with OpenBSD.

We highly recommend against trying to use Virtualmin anywhere but those platforms that are Grade A supported… even FreeBSD, which is Grade B supported, has some significant issues that come up with it.

Sorry, I wish I could offer better news, but you’re likely to see many problems in trying to use OpenBSD, and we’re not likely to be able to help you resolve many of them.

If you’ve been unable to get Virtualmin GPL working with OpenBSD, we’d be unlikely to get Virtualmin Pro working with OpenBSD either.

However, feel free to post the issues you’re seeing here – if they turn out to be simple issues, we can certainly talk about what would be involved in getting them working.

-Eric