Webmin version: 1.910
Usermin version: 1.752
Virtualmin version: 6.06-2
Authentic theme version: 19.33
Time on system: Monday, May 6, 2019 11:58 PM
Kernel and CPU: Linux 4.9.0-9-amd64 on x86_64
Processor information: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.40GHz, 2 cores
System uptime: 9 hours, 17 minutes

I have been running this server for over a year, and have had no issues with it, and as it is a development server, I update to the newest version of Virtualmin, and other software. The server is now hosting 2 live sites. I have run into an issue.

By the way, the 2 live sites, and some test bed sites are unaffected.

I just updated to Virtualmin version 6.06-2, and decided to create a site for someone, and upon attempting to create a virtual server I received the following message:
“Failed to create virtual server : New virtual server has no IP address! Perhaps Virtualmin could not work out the system’s default IP.”

So, I run the Re-Check Configuration, and I get this message:
"The status of your system is being checked to ensure that all enabled features are available, that the mail server is properly configured, and that quotas are active …
Your system has 3.42 GB of memory, which is at or above the Virtualmin recommended minimum of 256 MB.

Mail server Postfix is installed and configured.
Apache is installed.
The following PHP versions are available : 7.0.33 (/usr/bin/php-cgi7.0), 7.0 (mod_php)
The following PHP-FPM versions are available on this system : 7.0
Webalizer is installed.
Apache is configured to host SSL websites.
MySQL is installed and running.
ProFTPD is installed.
Logrotate is installed.
SpamAssassin and Procmail are installed and configured for use.
ClamAV is installed and assumed to be running.
Plugin AWstats reporting is installed OK.
Plugin DAV Login is installed OK.
Plugin Git repositories is installed OK.
Plugin Protected web directories is installed OK.
Using network interface enp2s0 for virtual IPs.
IPv6 addresses are available, using interface enp2s0.

Virtualmin could not work out the default IPv4 address for virtual servers on your system. You will need to update either the Network interface for virtual addresses or Default virtual server IP address fields on the module configuration page.

… your system is not ready for use by Virtualmin."

I checked the configuration, and found nothing that jumped out at me. I have searched and read through posts on this topic (none found on this latest update however), and tried fixes that were suggested. Such as setting the Default IP address for DNS records to Same as virtual server IP, and still have the same issue when re-checking the configuration. (I haven’t attempting actually assigning an address due to the 2 live sites).

I am still very new to Virtualmin, and I may just be missing something. I appreciate any help.

when i run recheck configuration command i have the following entry that is missing from yours…

Default IPv4 address for virtual servers is 12.34.567.89

(my server public static ip address)

Also, I am using a different network interface…mine is ens3. I think the missing ip address is your answer.

as a matter of interest…what are your settings in

Virtualmin>System Settings>Virtualmin Configuration>Network Settings?

Also, Webmin>Networking>Network Configuration>Host Addresses?

(obviously dont post your true ip address and domain here…change those)