Ubuntu 14.04

I just built a new Ubuntu 14.04 server. I then installed Virtualmin using the install script. Every time I create virtual host I cannot browse to it. I get “The website declined to show this webpage”. I found some articles online which say this is due to the new security in Apache 2.4. Can someone please help me by showing me how to tweak Virtualmin so that it creates the Document root under /var/www/ instead of home? I looked at the server template but am confused as to how to change the ${HOME} to point to /var/www

Howdy,

I don’t recommend changing the directory from the default of $HOME.

Virtualmin should be creating your sites using the appropriate Apache config for Apache 2.4… though if it isn’t we’ll need to get that fixed :slight_smile:

When you try to browse to your websites, do you see an entry for the connection attempt in $HOME/logs/access_log? Or does it appear in /var/log/apache2/access_log?

-Eric

The entry appears in $HOME/logs/access_log

[04/Sep/2014:11:56:31 -0700] “GET / HTTP/1.1” 403 409 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko”

I deleted the Virtual hosts and re created them. Now everything appears to work.