Ubuntu 12.04 support -- coming soon!

@azteech: If I recall correctly, the web-based post-installation wizard of Virtualmin asks you for the MySQL root password, and not the shell script.

Yes, that is correct. The web-based post-installation wizard does ask you for the MySQL root password, unfortunately it did not use the password I entered in. Instead it created a random password.

Am not sure if the fatal error because of beta version, it maybe because improper setting / installation.

INFO- cleaning up apt headers and packages, so we can start fresh…
INFO-
wget: unable to resolve host address ‘software.virtualmin.com

FATAL - fatal error occured: failed to download http://software.virtualmin.com/lib/apt.conf.noninteractive.
FATAl - Cannot continue installation

any idea what address the download page should be?

thanks

FATA ERROR

a manual instruction found on :

http://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/installation/automated

Pre-Installation Checklist

So, let’s boil down all of those preliminaries into a simple checklist. These are the things you need to do before running the install.sh:

Confirm that networking is fully functional. Ping software.virtualmin.com. If it doesn't work, you'll need to fix it.

anyone can help me to fix that? i tried to ping software.virtualmin.com, and the reasult:

ping: unknown host software.virtualmin.com

thanks,
sugi

ping: unknown host software.virtualmin.com

It sounds like the nameservers your server is configured to use may not be working properly.

You can tweak what nameservers are in use by editing /etc/resolv.conf.

-Eric

hello,

thanks for your comment.

may i ask the name server software.virtualmin.com refferring is not the name server that I named my server with? i thought is shoud be some kind repository.

–or–

by nameserver, you mean that software.virtualmin.com is alreadyy correct, only that i named not properly , that is why result that comment?

i named my server through webmin and the name is n1. ******.com

****** is my domain name that is not yer directed to my server, maybe after i figure all out :slight_smile:

look forward to your comment,

regards,
Sugi

You are correct. Normal installation of MySQL does normally ask for password “post-download/Install”. However, in my case, when running the script, I was never prompted to enter a password - it set one randomly. Because the install is done via a script - it may be a case where the script didn’t give “Screen” dialogue for entering a password and just put one in when the next command processed. Don’t know - all I know is I fixed the issue by manually doing a password reset for MySQL and setting up a new one.

Thanks for your response on this.

problem solved, the host name server is not named properly.

when i install again virtual min, i entered different nameserver and it went through all the way.

thanks for response, sugi

I just grabbed the install script today and ran it:
wget http://software.virtualmin.com/gpl/scripts/install.sh

I got as far as installing my dependencies (after FQDN setup)

apt-get --config-file apt.conf.noninteractive -y --force-yes install postfix postfix-pcre webmin usermin ruby libapache2-mod-ruby libxml-simple-perl libcrypt-ssleay-perl unzip zip quota

Which fails and halts the script.

E: Opening configuration file apt.conf.noninteractive - ifstream::ifstream (2: No such file or directory)

Any help would be appreciated.