Transfer Virtual Server when Destination Server has Non-Standard SSH Port

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Rocky 8.6
Webmin version 2.001
Virtualmin version 7.3 Pro

I can’t find a way to make this function work if the gaining server uses an SSH port other than 22.

Richard

did you try using ~/.ssh/config and putting all gaining server details (including non-default port) there?
haven’t used it, but if port 22 is not hardcoded in transfer module it should work… (?)

Nah. It was only one site and it was brand-new (actually, not even uploaded yet).

I realized that the new site would take up much more space than I’d originally envisioned, so I decided to move it from a crowded server to a newer server that has plenty of space. It wasn’t worth spending too much time when I could simply re-create it manually.

Nonetheless, there should be an option to change the port. I don’t know too many people who actually use Port 22 these days. I only use it as a honeypot to trap miscreants.

Thanks, though. I’ll look into it the next time I have to transfer a site that actually has content.

Richard

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.