Thunderbird unable to connect to SMTP server

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version centos 7
Virtualmin version 7.3

why it is always give the error: Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail: Outgoing server (SMTP) error. The server responded: Cannot connect to SMTP server 37.143.129.243 (37.143.129.243:587), connect error 10060. when i am using thunderbird it seems that the mail server and dovecot send and receive nothing

if i have to take a look on those servers what it should firewall is disabled but still the same problem nothing to come or go

thanks

I can telnet to that IP on port 587 and it looks to me like a mail server is responding as it should. What about things like selecting STARTTLS, Username, Password etc?

Please title your topics in a way that makes it clear what your topic is about. I have changed it, but don’t make a habit of terrible titles like this, or I’m gonna get grouchy.

We need to see the related entries from the mail.log to know why the connection is failing. The client has no useful information, and thus the client error is not useful for solving the problem (it just tells us there is a problem, and nothing about what that problem is).

I have to ask: Are you using the auto-config settings in Thunderbird or manual?

Reason I ask: I’ve had some issues with the auto-config on not only Thunderbird, but Outlook especially. I’ve gone to manually set both before and found that the auto-config settings they were using were completely wrong.

you mean to avoid auto-config and do it manually?

thank you

sarantopoulos nikos

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.