The Final Cut

These words from Illia and Unborne are extrememy saddenning. So much so that I feel it difficult to say anything that can lessen the pain you are/have suffered. This World contains some very awful people.

I really do wish you both the very best going forward from here. It must be heartbreaking.

All because Putin (should that be spelled Puking ?) wants to stop neighbouring countries becoming members of NATO which would protect them and he probably mourns the demise of the Warsaw Pact.

Ukraine, Stand strong.

Puck Futin !

I do hope that was not too political.

why do humans need NATO or Putin or (…) is the real question…

@joejac I would like to clarify - illia is more then my co-dev - i did had to say to him personally - otherwise war is bad very bad in any part of our life - I do support illia and his life out here however without notice to outside world.

I’ve asked that we keep politics out of it, and I’ve removed your last post. I almost deleted your antivax comment, too, but will leave it since the comment is mostly just supportive of folks suffering right now. But, thinly veiled Elders of Zion commentary is simply not acceptable here. If you can’t keep politics out of it, especially if you can’t keep anti-Semitic conspiracy theories out of it, you can’t be here.

3 Likes

Understood @Joe I deleted my other 2 comments too, but I clarify that at no moment I wrote anything mentioning “Elders” or against any ethnic group, I respect all ethnicities, races and cultures.

On the other side, there is plenty of well-documented evidence that links certain commercial groups that are not in favor of the well-being of people, look what happened to Ilia. Regards.

Can’t believe I’m just seeing this thread.

Ilia, best of luck. You’re an extraordinarily intelligent man though, so I don’t think you’ll have any problems.

Hopefully, this thing will be over sooner rather than later. Such a sad, tragic, completely horrible state of affairs. All for the vanity of one man.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words!

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for a kind words and support.

We have recently registered for getting an official residence permit, and hopefully going to get our residential cards in a few months.

5 Likes

glad to see you and your family are safe and have found a new place to put down some roots…:slight_smile:

1 Like

@Ilia,

I’m so ignorant, didn’t realize you were from Russia. Was chatting with @Joe the other day and he was explaining a few things to me when I found out.

Sorry I hadn’t posted to this thread sooner. As you know the first quarter was pretty rough with my cancer scare that I sorta was a bit tunnel visioned, and unaware of your situation at that time.

I’m glad you were able to flee the war zone and bring your family to a safer place.

My prayers to you, your family and all the people directly and indirectly affected by this difficult time.

I can tell you all from my experience, while @Ilia was dealing with his own situation, he has remained committed to Virtualmin and even took time to share some uplifting words with me during my difficult time.

@Ilia, if ever need anything let me know. Respect.

4 Likes

The word ‘poofs’ is used at the end of this comment. As a queer man I find this entirely derogatory. This should be a safe space for all of us without discrimination.

2 Likes

Sadly, I didn’t leave at the early 00s. Life spun up.

I remebmer! Don’t apologize, Peter and thank you for your kind words!

At last we have finally received our residential cards!

The girls started a new school (in English), and successfully continuing their vocal classes.

We as the family would like to thank everyone for the help and support!

6 Likes

I agree, @grant-1972, though I think (hope) this is a language issue rather than an intent to use a slur. I’ll edit it to remove the problematic word. I’m sorry for the slow response on this, I wasn’t following this thread closely, since Ilia and I have been talking privately about his situation regularly.

Please feel free to ping me via PM about stuff like this, as well.

@Joe

I very much appreciate your action. I completely understand that you are busy so it is absolutely fine that you took some time to take action. I’m just glad that you did and I’m really happy with what you have done.
I will take it in the manner you suggest as it being a language issue. I have grown up with those slurs and so they can be triggering which can result in me reacting quite strongly.
Thanks again.

2 Likes

Good luck, gratulated with that.

1 Like

Good to hear. Congratulations and full steam ahead!

1 Like