System Statistics stopped

Hey there,

My server was down for like 12 hours and now my System Statistics don’t seem to be tracking anything. Is there some service I have to start to make these work or something else I have to do?

Thanks!

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Those are gathered by the collectinfo.pl script run from cron.

So first off, is cron running?

Next, look in root’s crontab for where the collectinfo.pl script is launched – and try running that exact command manually (as root). Does it run without errors?
-Eric

If I type crontab -e all I have are two backup crons running.

I bet my host deleted it or something then or something based on how things are going so far. I don’t even see any such thing anywhere in cron.

Hi Eric,

I found these two lines from a backup file that weren’t in my root crontab:

54 12 * * * /etc/webmin/cron/tempdelete.pl 4,9,14,19,24,29,34,39,44,49,54,59 * * * * /etc/webmin/virtual-server/collectinfo.pl

Are these the only lines I am missing if all I have are two other lines for scheduled backups and these two lines above?

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Well, it’ll all depend on what’s running on your system. But I don’t see the bandwidth checks, quota checks, spam deleting, webalizer runs, and security update stuffs.

But, that could all have been disabled, so it may be entirely normal :slight_smile:
-Eric

bandwidth checks
This one may be disabled.

quota checks
This I am not sure about.

spam deleting
This showed up after I set spam to delete after 30 days.

webalizer runs
I have this disabled.

security update
This sounds important but its not there.

So it seems like things get added when I enable them so maybe I just have to disable and re-enable them for them to show up. It is just a matter of figuring out where to disable and re-enable them then.

Most important sounds like security updates to me. I noticed some updates yesterday but I think it is CentOS updates and I didn’t do them because I don’t want to break anything since it just got running smoothly. Thanks to you =)

Is this somehow related to my other problems?

When I first log into Virtualmin and click Configure this page on the top and then modify things to my liking and then click save it says:

Error
Failed to save system information page configuration : Missing or invalid URL

Actually even if I don’t change anything and just click save it says that. I didn’t know if it was related somehow to these things not running or if its just some other error.

Thanks again for being so kind and helpful =)