Suggestion: Multi panes for Webmin file manager

Hi, I absolutely love the file manager included in Webmin. I love the tabs and how it’s that more user friendly on mobile than cPanel even is.

One thing I always find myself getting a bit bothered by though is I’d like to have the ability of splitting the file manager window up into panes for opening tabs in rather than switching to and from each all the time with the one being viewable at one time. Kind of like how the text editor you can have multiple up at the same time.

Hi,

Thanks for using Virtualmin.

I’d like to have the ability of splitting the file manager window up into panes for opening tabs in rather than switching to and from each all the time with the one being viewable at one time.

Unfortunately, it’s not supported at the moment.

What could help is the hotkey for switching tabs, which is holding down Ctrl key and pressing left or right arrow, for switching tabs back and forth.

1 Like

That’s sweet to know, though doesn’t really hold much speed improvement over using the mouse due to there being a delay compared to say flicking between browser tabs lol. But can’t expect a web UI to be that fast as something native lol.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.