Subdomain Redirect

I don’t know what it is, But I am having a awful time setting up a simple redirect. In a nutshell, I am just trying to forward x.domain.com to domain.com/page1 .

I’ve combed through these boards and nothing seems to work.

I did get it to work if I add a new subserver, and add a webpage redirect. However, if I do www.domain.com, it redirects to domain.com/page1 instead of domain.com.

Any way to just do a simple subdomain redirect without messing up the main domain?

Hi,

Are you trying to do something like https://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/tutorial/how-to-create-a-sub-server ?

Yup, I can get all that. It works. I can setup the url redirect from x.domain.com to domain.com/page1

but if I have the sub server active, www.domain.com redirects to domain.com/page1. Which I don’t want, it should be going to domain.com.

Any ideas?

I think it would be easiest to take a look at your system directly to analyze this issue. If you’d like, we can do a Skype / Teamviewer session on one of the next days. If you’re interested, send me a contact request on Skype, user “Loc2262”. (Please refer to this thread in the request so I know who you are, I’m getting regular spam requests on Skype.)