Strange redirects between top level servers

Hi,

I’m getting strange 302 redirects from one top level server’s alias to another top level server.

This is the setup:

example.com --domain2.com --domain3.com

example2.com
–domain4.com

And when I try to visit domain4.com I get a strange 302 redirection:

HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2016 21:53:01 GMT
Server: Apache/2.4.6
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.4.16
Location: http://www.example.com/wp-signup.php?new=domain4.com
Cache-Control: private, no-cache, no-store, proxy-revalidate, no-transform
Expires: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 21:53:01 GMT
Vary: User-Agent
Pragma: no-cache
Content-Length: 0
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

Any idea how is this possible and where to check? There is no folder for aliases under “domains” sub directory, so no .htaccess files going rouge. And as far as I understand it, they should automatically redirect to domains that they are aliases of.

I also checked Apache Virtual Server directives for example2.com and domain4.com is not listed as an alias. So then I played around a little and I think alias domain gets listed in Apache directive in case it is created as “alias with own email”.

So, could perhaps this be an issue? Should I do any kind of manual redirection for alias domain (with only DNS domain feature enabled)? I’m not familiar with the protocol, so any kind of direction and/or help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

OK,

if I add ServerAlias manually into Apache directives, everything works. As it should…

Is this a bug? What is an expected behaviour of alias with ONLY DNS domain feature enabled?

Hey there, i have same issue, whenever i create virtual server for a website, the website automatically redirects 302 error to the previous website created with virtual server.
How you solved your issue, dns works ok, when i ping website i get response, but what ever i put in public_html and i try website will redirect me to another previous website from previous virtual server.

This is a common issue, covered in the troubleshooting common problems guide: The Wrong Site Shows Up

There are other ways for this to happen…but, this is the most common.