SSL Let's encrypt problem virtualmin

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version UBUNTU 20.04
Webmin version 2.001
Virtualmin version 7.3.gpl-1
Related packages SUGGESTED

i was wondering how SSL renewal works in Virtualmin? I have noticed that my previous renewal attempt failed, and I had to renew it manually. I am trying to locate the cron job responsible for SSL renewal, but I cannot find any relevant information. Additionally, I have checked the “/var/log/letsencrypt” directory, but it does not exist. Could you please advise me on how SSL renewal is managed in Virtualmin and what could be causing the failed renewal attempt? Thank you.

Have you checked the forums first, Im sure I seen this posted before.

This has happened to me a few times. On all occurrences, Webmin was unresponsive. I had to restart it from CLI.
I concluded it was due to lack of server resources. Make sure you have enough server resources to run Webmin.

my server is 6 Core with 16 GB Ram, i believe that should be enough.

Yes, but still haven’t found what I’m looking for

Failed or didn’t happen? I was on a cPanel system and it would provide feedback on failures and would repeat the attempt. I did find out during this time that Let’s Encrypt would only allow a certain number of renewals at a time. This is actually a problem with the system we are migrating from.

I looks like it might give some clues as to what you are looking for but I’m not motivated enough to look further right now.

:/etc# grep -ir letsencrypt *

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.