SSL Certificate Not generating

I have been trying to set a secondary DNS to see if that allows me to open the site but the module modify-dns.pl does not appear to be installed and I cannot find how to on google. Do you have any ideas?

I still cannot access the server even using IP address. why?

Right. I am giving up. Now apache will not start and I am not wasting my time amending files that should work automatically. I am deleting the lot and starting again.

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.

Geoff

Still not working despite rebuild but I think it is a DNS issue so I must sort that out first.

@GeoffatMM
Maybe keep that quote in mind.

Have you checked that your ip is not blocked by the firewall? In one of my panels not in Virtualmind, I went crazy because I could not access from my pc and if I could access from another computer outside my network, I thought it was cache issues or my adsl provider, in the end was that my ip was blocked by the firewall for failed attempts by the email.

For anyone still interested in this issue, please do not ask me to explain how (because I did not do anything) this morning, the basic certificate request (xorex.rocks and www.xorex.rocks) worked! It then worked for the second top level server I have installed. however, when I tried to mail. and webmail. I got the same error coming up (Lines 198, 194 and 143). However I have copied the certificate to This SSL certificate is already being used by : Webmin, Usermin, Dovecot, Postfix, ProFTPD so I assume that adding the mail. and webmail. does not matter.

It is really strange behaviour but at least I anow have a secure site and can finally move on. I will have to see if it renews successfully in 2 months.

Thank you all for your efforts to help me. Perhaps bytecanarieas was right and it was an OVH issue. Perhaps it was a DNS issue. I guess I will never know!

This post is now closed.

Geoff

Just as a postscript, this was definitely a DNS issue. I deleted my virtual server and rebuilt it with new dns entries comparing it with the server that was working properly on the same virtualmin installation. Took a while to identify all the issues but finally I managed to get the server responding correctly to http requests and have now successfully installed all entries to a new certificate to the site. Still one or two issues to resolve but these will be done in separate smaller posts. Thanks for all your efforts to help me.

This post is definitely closed!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.