SSL Certificate for Sub-Server

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me as i’m going to be pulling my hair out soon! I have a domain (let’s call it test.com) that’s hosted as a normal virtual server. Then I have created a subdomain/sub-server called my.test.com. Test.com (the main virtual server) is on a static IP, I have put the sub-server on this static IP also. Now, I have setup an SSL certificate the same way as I have for all of my other domains, but for some reason this one won’t work.

From what I see, it seems the certificate thinks its *.test.com and nothing about my.test.com (even though this is the domain that the SSL certificate belongs too).

I’m sorry if this has confused anyone! And hopefully someone can shed some light onto it!

Kind regards,
Adam

Ok, I’ve broken it down (somewhat). The sub-server is still linking to the main virtual server. IE: there isn’t a index.html in my.test.com, when I do put one in, it still showed as page not found. When I put index.html in test.com (the main virtual server) it displayed.

Can anyone give me advice on what to check?

Howdy,

So, you’re saying that, even when not dealing with SSL – browsing to my.test.com shows the website for test.com?

-Eric

Correct