Ssl ceritificate help

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version CentOS Stream Linux 9
Webmin version 2.001
Virtualmin version 7.3
Related packages SUGGESTED

My domain name geniuserver.info https:// Ssl certificate problem dont activated why ?

Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Requesting a certificate for geniuserver.info and 4 more domains

Certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: webroot). The Certificate Authority reported these problems:
Domain: admin.geniuserver.info
Type: dns
Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for admin.geniuserver.info - check that a DNS record exists for this domain; DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up AAAA for admin.geniuserver.info - check that a DNS record exists for this domain

Domain: mail.geniuserver.info
Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for mail.geniuserver.info - check that a DNS record exists for this domain; DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up AAAA for mail.geniuserver.info - check that a DNS record exists for this domain

Domain: webmail.geniuserver.info
Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for webmail.geniuserver.info - check that a DNS record exists for this domain; DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up AAAA for webmail.geniuserver.info - check that a DNS record exists for this domain

Domain: www.geniuserver.info
Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for www.geniuserver.info - check that a DNS record exists for this domain; DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up AAAA for www.geniuserver.info - check that a DNS record exists for this domain

Hint: The Certificate Authority failed to download the temporary challenge files created by Certbot. Ensure that the listed domains serve their content from the provided --webroot-path/-w and that files created there can be downloaded from the internet.

Some challenges have failed.
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.

Thank you very much.
Regards,
NAHID SALIMOV

Fix your DNS records.

2 Likes

And read the Let’s Encrypt error report hat you have posted.

It mentions specific domain subdomain names which do not have DNS records. You need to go through the error report and address the issue by fixing the DNS records of your domain, as @Dibs has suggested.

2 Likes

how should I do it and where? Virtualmin panel or domain panel?

how should I do it and where? Virtualmin panel or domain panel? ?

You are requesting certificates for names that do not have records. Stop doing that.

Either add A records for the names you want certificates for, or remove the names you don’t want certificates for from your request. When you request the certificate, you are shown a list of names that will be included in the certificate, you can choose to not request all of the default Virtualmin domains, if you aren’t using them and haven’t created records for them in your DNS.

Virtualmin is obviously not managing your DNS. If you want Virtualmin to manage your DNS, you need to delegate authority for your zone to the Virtualmin server and a secondary DNS server that is configured as a slave to the Virtualmin server, or use one of the supported cloud DNS services and delegate authority to that.

If you will be hosting DNS elsewhere, you manage the DNS there.

Thank you in advance sir. Just you write as an answer but since I’m new I can’t fully understand. Is there a video or picture or what part of the problem I have can be captured so that we can find a solution to the problem?

I am telling you to select “Domain names listed here” instead of “Domains associated with this server”.

Or, I am telling you to create a DNS A record for the other names.

You’re requesting certificates for names that do not exist! That can’t possibly work.

I do what you said but still it doesn’t work

I select “Domains associated with this server” as you said but it shows a new issue

Joe didn’t say that. He said that you should do the opposite of what you have done.

1 Like

fix you Name Server to have A records pointing to the IP running VM.

I test mail. and you have no record for it.

P.S. I think your using these guys.

No. Read this thread again, watch the video again. You’ve been told in multiple ways by multiple people how to solve the problem. Stop asking the same question over and over and do what we’ve told you to do:

Either fix your DNS to include A records for every name you are requesting a certificate for or don’t request certificates for missing domains.

Thank you in advance.
Look, please, what did I do wrong?

Now how can I change my dns addresses in virtualmin and where can I see them?

my dns addresses