Spamassassin not filtering mail

You have two sets of conflicting rules in your procmailrc, plus a rule that always delivers no matter what. The former is because you setup a procmail rule in the SpamAssassin module in Webmin…it shouldn’t have allowed you to do that, but I guess it did. The latter is also due to a bug somewhere in Virtualmin that I’ve never been able to locate–some sort of option somewhere wholly disables filtering, but I think it must be mislabeled or something because a lot of people choose it. Too many options. We’re working on it. :wink:

Anyway, your procmailrc ought to read:

[code:1]
LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log
TRAP=/usr/libexec/webmin/virtual-server/procmail-logger.pl
VERBOSE=true

:0wi
VIRTUALMIN=|/etc/webmin/virtual-server/lookup-domain.pl $LOGNAME
:0

• ?test "$VIRTUALMIN" != ""
    {
    INCLUDERC=/etc/webmin/virtual-server/procmail/$VIRTUALMIN
    }
    DROPPRIVS=yes
    DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/
    ORGMAIL=$HOME/Maildir/
    [/code:1]

The :0 $DEFAULT rule roughly says “always deliver the message no matter what”, and the next rule is never hit (but that’s the one created by the Webmin SpamAssassin module that is unnecessary and causes breakage when you’re using the Virtualmin mail processing features).

You have two sets of conflicting rules in your procmailrc, plus a rule that always delivers no matter what. The former is because you setup a procmail rule in the SpamAssassin module in Webmin…it shouldn’t have allowed you to do that, but I guess it did. The latter is also due to a bug somewhere in Virtualmin that I’ve never been able to locate–some sort of option somewhere wholly disables filtering, but I think it must be mislabeled or something because a lot of people choose it. Too many options. We’re working on it. :wink:

VERBOSE=true

{
    }
    DROPPRIVS=yes
    DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/
    ORGMAIL=$HOME/Maildir/

The :0 $DEFAULT rule roughly says “always deliver the message no matter what”, and the next rule is never hit (but that’s the one created by the Webmin SpamAssassin module that is unnecessary and causes breakage when you’re using the Virtualmin mail processing features).

VERBOSE=true

{
    }
    DROPPRIVS=yes
    DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/
    ORGMAIL=$HOME/Maildir/