[solved]can't upgrade wordpress after site moved

Hi there!

I have a site that was moved to a new directory some time ago, and now I can’t upgrade wordpress.

[code:1]
Downloading http://wordpress.org/latest.zip
Received 103424 bytes
… more of these …
Received 1758208 bytes
… download complete.

Configuring Apache PHP settings …
… already done.
Now installing WordPress version 2.7 …
Failed to extract source : Failed to create target directory : mkdir: cannot create directory `/home/username’: Permission denied
… failed! See the error message above for the reason why.
[/code:1]

The directory shown (/home/username) is the old directory where it was installed before, so I’m sure it’s related to the move. It should be /home/users/username (the new folder).

I grepped /usr/libexec/usermin and /var/webmin for "/home/username" and found no references.

Any idea on where I should be searching for this outdated reference?<br><br>Post edited by: kato, at: 2008/12/17 20:32

Yeah, I imagine WordPress is setup for a given directory at install time.

I’m not sure whether or not that’s a problem that can be solved in some automated way by Virtualmin – but if it is, Jamie would be your man. I’d recommend filing a bug so that he can take a look, using the Bugs and Issues tracker below.

Thanks!
-Eric

Thanks Eric, I bugged it as suggested.

for that domain find the correct folder in "/etc/webmin/virtual-server/scriptlog"
open up the file and change the "opts_dir=/correct path goes here"

its a little hard as the folders and files are numbered…
Im sure the script will update correctly after that.

In the bug, Jamie recommended this command to find the id of the domain:

[code:1]
virtualmin list-domains --id-only --domain whatever.com
[/code:1]

thx for posting, it will come in handy as I had to change those files for like 8 domains or so and had to go the path of trial and error :slight_smile:

This was solved in the bug report linked above and a very easy fix, for anyone hunting answers.