smtp to internal exchange

Hello all,

I am trying to get e-mail from a wordpress site to send e-mail to our local exchange server. currently, with the default configured settings, the e-mails will be sent to an outside e-mail provider eg. gmail, yahoo, outlook.com but not to our hosted server.

if i change postfix setting ‘Send outgoing mail via host’ to the exchange servers specific ip address, instead of the default setting, the mail will then be delivered to internally hosted exchange server, but no longer delivering to external providers.

i’ve tried setting up an MX record, because the internal site (hosted by virtualmin) is a different FQDN than the internal hosted exchange, however that didn’t work either.

any input will be greatly appreciated.

edit

i should note that i would much prefer it work for both, instead of one or the other. so if you have ideas please share them!

Thank you!

The MX record method should work as fas as I interpret what you’re trying to do. Can you elaborate what did not work there?

Which emails exactly are supposed to go to Exchange and which are to be delivered outside? How are those emails distinguished from each other?

Maybe using the Transport Mapping feature of Postfix helps? See “Webmin -> Servers -> Postfix Mail Server -> Transport Mapping” and check the “Help” link in the top-left.