site runs as apache not as user

I have a gpl installed server that has three domains on it. One of the domains is running wordpress as apache and not the domain owner. Permissions are correct in terms of file and folders. According to apache config for the site it is correct and also the plan is set to run php as the owner. I am trying to figure out why this one site refuses to run as the domain owner as it is causing very slow performance.

Howdy,

You may want to double-check that in Server Configuration -> Website Options, the PHP Execution Mode isn’t set to “mod_php”. I know you said the plan wasn’t set that way, but it wouldn’t hurt to double-check the current settings.

Also, what distro/version is this? Are there any custom PHP versions installed, or PHP versions coming from a third party repository?

That’s capable of causing the issue you’re describing.

-Eric

nopers not set to mod_php. Nothing changed from when i first set this server up. I am only using the repos that came with the machine. it is running Ubuntu Linux 14.04.1

somehow virt got it screwed up after an update. I had to make a backup of the affected domains…yes it was more than one…and uncheck the apache configuration. I then deleted the domains from the installation. I then restored the domains and they are now running as they should.

We’ve had the same problem, all of a sudden multiple sites ran as apache user even though set to FCGI and having no troubles for multiple years… Switching to mod_php and back to fcgid seemed to have fixed it, but it just happened again over night with a site I had…

Anyone have an idea what that could be?

Same problem here. If i ls -la /etc/apache2/sites-available/ i have many server configs like that:

-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 2741 Jan 25 00:00 xxxxxx5.conf
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 2166 Jan 25 00:00 xxxxxx4.conf
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 2092 Jan 25 00:00 xxxxxx3.conf
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 3883 Jan 25 00:00 xxxxxx2.conf
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 3393 Jan 25 00:00 xxxxxx1.conf

The only proccess executed by cron at 00:00 is /etc/webmin/security-updates/update.pl (nothing to do with apache files, I hope).

The only process not executed by cron is a scheduled backup of all server. This backup must not modify the apache config files.